So I haven’t been posting much lately and I thought I would do a book tag; I came across this ‘Mean Girls’ one! I haven’t been reading new books and I’m so caught up in real life, I’m struggling to balance at the moment. I’m currently re-reading an old favourite series ‘Remember When’ by T. Torrest. I wasn’t tagged by anyone but came across this at The Book Worm Central. So check out that too!
1. “It’s pronounced like Cady” – Which fictional character’s names did you get completely wrong?
I’m sure there are many but one that comes to mind first is Nyx from The House of Night series. I don’t know how it’s pronounced really but in my head I would say it as ‘ninks’. Ergh I don’t even know.
2. “She doesn’t even go here!” – Which character would you like to place in a fictional world from another book or series?
I feel like I need to sit and really think about this one. I’m sure I would come up with lots of awesome character mixing. I think Corrado from ‘Sempre’ by J.M. Darhower and Naz from ‘Monster in his eyes’ could be best buds. They are also two of my most favourite characters, it would be like book heaven for me.
3. “On Wednesdays we wear pink!” – Repetition. Repetition. Which book gave you dejavu of another book whilst reading it?
I swear I could write lots for this one! I have read many repeats of storylines in the recent years, not that they’re always necessarily a bad thing. I remember reading ‘Loving Mr Daniels’ by Brittainy C Cherry and ‘Too Good’ by S Walden and being totally over the moon about them, and then going on to reading Slammed by Colleen Hoover which I didn’t like at all. Now Co Ho writes some of my favourite stories but I wasn’t particularly fond of ‘Slammed’. All I could think was meh been there read that!
4. “You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores.” – Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels?
Urm… in all honesty, Anna from Fifty Shades of Grey. She was all whiney about other women, and always felt little compared to them. I just cannot stand that lack of self-confidence and failure to embrace yourself for who you are. I mean, she wasn’t even happy with Christian having female friends. For fricks sake Anna!
5. “You go Glen Coco!” – Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading.
There are soooo many on this list. I have read about some amazing powerful characters. Alexa from ‘Hero’ by Samantha Young was one of them. Her will to pull through to Caine because she sees something in him… well I applauded her for it! Because I love women who go for what they want, I feel that is a really good message to send to a reader.
Another one that just popped to mind is Layana from ‘Black Lies’ by Alessandra Torre. Gosh her will to do anything for the ones she loves… It’s hard to see that sort of commitment nowadays so her willingness to love unconditionally… well I completely admired that.
6. “Get in loser, we’re going shopping!” – How long do you typically spend at a book shop?
Strangely, I spend ages in Waterstones, especially in the classics section… but I almost always never end up buying anything because I’m like ‘Oh I can get this on ebook cheaper’.
7. “It’s not my fault you’re like in love with me or something!” – Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real?
Ignazio Vitale. Hands down. I’d have gotten more than a restraining order, that man doesn’t like involving the police as it is. But then he would be so in love with me that we wouldn’t really be at that stage.
8. “I can’t help it that I’m popular.” – Which overhyped book were you cautious about reading?
I’m iffy about anything that’s too mainstream in general. But one book I am putting off is ‘Me over you’ by Jojo Moyes because I am an emotional woman.
9. “She’s a life ruiner. She ruins peoples lives.” – We all love Regina George. Name a villain you couldn’t help but love.
I’m all for the villians! I could write a big massive list! I’m supposed to name just one?
Recently, Noah from ‘Wicked Trinity’ by Courtney Lane. I’m pretty certain that man has no redeeming factor, but I still see through his front. I actually have hopes for him.
10. “I’m not like a regular Mom, I’m a cool Mom.” – Your favourite fictional parents.
Urm…. I’m having to think long and hard about this one. I thought Mr Bennet from ‘Pride and Prejudice’ was a pretty awesome father.
11. “That is so Fetch!” – Which book or series would you love to catch on?
I think everyone should read ‘Sempre’ by J.M.Darhower and ‘Love me with lies’ by Tarryn Fisher at least once. Also Nenia Campbell’s ‘Cease and Desist’.
12. “How do I even begin to explain Regina George?” – Describe your ideal character to read about.
I love alpha’s ofcourse. And strong women, in the sense that they go after what they want and don’t always assume the worst of everything.
13. “I just have a lot of feelings.” – What do you do when a book gives you a bad case of ‘the feels’?
Read on till I finish. And possibly cry.
14. “Nice wig Janice, what’s it made of?” “Your Mom’s chest hair!” – Which characters one liners would you love to claim for your own?
Ah shit. Tate from the Kane Trilogy probably. She is so awesome and confident and always knows the exact right thing to say to the devil.
15. “Boo, you whore.” – Name a time a characters decision has made you roll your eyes
Okay so I recently read ‘The rebirth of sin’ by Courtney Lane and ergh I was so angry at the main character! I can’t talk about it but she honestly knew the situation and walked right in to it… AGAIN. Not learning from her mistakes.
So there you go folks. If anything I hope you give some of these books a try if you haven’t already. If you want, go ahead and do the tag!